Rejuvenating Yoga Retreat in Spanish Nature Reserve
October 14th-19th 2016
Nature Reserve of Grazalema, Cádiz. Andalucia, Spain.Yoga Retreat Language: English
Rejuvenate in a Yoga Retreat in a Nature Reserve in Spain
Give yourself the gift of wellbeing this October with a rejuvenating yoga retreat
Your very own antidote to hectic modern life.
Set in the Andalucian mountains, the Sierra de Grazalema nature reserve provides the perfect backdrop for this wonderfully nurturing yoga retreat.
Take a step back from it all and immerse yourself in yoga, good food and the wonder of nature.
Five nights of total wellbeing at this secluded yoga haven will instantly revive and restore you.
Not only will you have the chance to deepen your yoga practice but you will also be able to enjoy the timeless beauty of this UNESCO reserve through hikes across rugged limestone mountains and forest.
What you can expect• Beginner to intermediate level yoga classes offered twice a day, with all levels of experience welcomed.
• An optional private yoga session tailored to meet your individual needs and answer some of those questions you may have been too shy to ask in class before.
• A range of yoga styles and practices including: hatha, vinyasa flow, yoga nidra, pranayama breath work and meditation.
• A return to nature with hikes in the mountains, swims in the pool, tennis in the grounds and other activities available for you to book such as biking, kayaking, and horseback riding.
• Three vegetarian meals every day with fresh, locally sourced produce and the all the delights of Mediterranean home cooking.
ACCOMMODATION AND LOCATION.
A secluded haven all of its own, this idyllic hacienda rests in over 60 acres of land right in the heart of Grazalema nature reserve. Comprised of a large main house and clusters of small private apartments, each with their own swimming pools, all of your creature comforts will be taken care of. Free wifi is available throughout the venue and you will be surrounded by stunning views of the mountain scenery.
The hacienda is 2.5 miles / 4 km from the town El Gastor, known locally as the balcony of The White Villages of Cádiz, and situated in the Sierra de Grazalema nature reserve. The reserve is Andalucia’s first natural park and has been a UNESCO biosphere reserve since 1977 revered for its limestone cliffs, gullies, caves and gorges as well as its griffon vulture colonies.
Address: Calle Parche, 26 11687 El Gastor Cádiz. Spain Cádiz
All of your meals are included in the retreat. We will serve you a lovely prepared buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. On the arrival day, dinner is included and on departure day we will serve you breakfast. All the food served will be well balanced, vegetarian dishes planned by our food expert Emma to ensure that you are well taken care of during the retreat. If you have any food allergies or special requests, please let us know so we can prepare the best alternative for your needs.
INFORMATION ABOUT ROOM AND BOARD
In Grazalema house there are either single or double occupancy rooms offered. All homes are beautifully decorated and all have private bathrooms attached. There is WiFi, LED TV, AC and heaters in each room. By default you'll share a room with one other student. If you wish to opt for a single room, there will be an additional fee of GBP 130.
Daily schedule:07:15-07:30: Pranayama (Breathing practice) 07:30-08:45: Yoga 08:45-09:45: Breakfast 09:45-13:30: Free time 13:30-14:30: Lunch 14:30-18:00: Free time 18:00-19:15: Yoga 19:15-19:30: Meditation 19:30-19:40: Break 19:40-20:40: Dinner 21:30-22:00: Evening activity* *Evening activity can range from relaxation, yoga nidra, watching a film, or talking about specific yoga topics. * Please note that this is a provisional schedule and is subject to change.
YOGA LESSONS.Our yoga classes will be held in a light, spacious studio equipped with mats and props for all of your needs. Two classes of 1.5 hrs each, suitable for beginners and intermediate yogis alike will be offered each day, with all levels of experience welcomed. We will be practicing a range of styles and practices including: hatha, vinyasa flow, yoga nidra, pranayama breath work and meditation.
LOCATIONSAddress: Calle Parche, 26 11687 El Gastor Cádiz. Spain Cádiz
Distances: 1h 20 min Jerez airport. 1 hour 30 min Sevilla airport. 1h 30 min Malaga airport
The retreat is located at Calle Parche, 26, 11687 El Gastor, Cádiz, Spain. This is 1h 20 mins from Jerez airport, 1h 30 mins from Sevilla airport, or 1h 30 mins from Malaga airport. If you wish to have an airport transfer from Malaga we are very happy to both pick you up and drop you off in time for your flight after the retreat. A transfer there and back can be arranged for GBP 40. You can also get to Grazalema House via train or bus to Ronda. Both buses and trains leave Malaga city regularly throughout the day and we can pick you up from the bus/train station in Ronda.
You can also get there via train or bus to Ronda. Both buses and trains leave Malaga city regularly throughout the day and we will pick you up from the bus/train station in Ronda for the 10 minute drive to Grazalema house.
• Are activities included in the yoga retreat? Besides the yoga and use of the swimming and tennis facilities, activities will be charged separately allowing you to choose the ones you prefer. Once you arrive, we can arrange these for you.
• Is there a check-in and check-out time? We can be fairly flexible on this but will be working to a check-in time after 2pm Friday 14th October and check-out by 12pm Wednesday 19th October. Please let us know if you will need any adjustments to these times.
• Which airport should I fly to? Malaga airport is the best airport for international flights and Easy Jet, Ryanair, Monarch and Norwegian Air run cheap flights from the UK to here. The retreat is 1hr 50mins away from Malaga airport.
• How can I get to the yoga retreat from the airport? Transfers are not included in your booking but we are happy to help arrange them for you. Several flights arrive into Malaga on Friday 14th October at around 13.30 or earlier and we hope to arrange a transfer at around 14.30 on arrival. For the journey home, lots of flights seem to leave at around 14.00 so we plan to arrange a transfer at 11am to return to Malaga airport. Prices will be dependent on the number of travellers. Should you like to take advantage of this please let us know your flight details as soon as you can.
• Can you cater for dietary requirements? Absolutely. Three vegetarian meals will be provided each day and as long as you let us know before your arrival, we can make the necessary arrangements to accommodate dietary needs.
• What if I need to cancel? If for any reason you cannot attend the retreat, please email us as soon as possible and we will do our best to fill your place so that we can fully refund you. This may not always be possible however and if we cannot fill your place the following cancellation fees will apply:
o Over 45 days before the retreat begins: £50 cancellation fee o 44 - 15 days before the retreat begins: 50% of the retreat price o 14 days or less before the retreat begins: 100% of the retreat price. Please refer to our terms and conditions for further information about our cancellation policy.
• What should I bring? The weather should be mild at this time of year with expected highs of 230 and lows of 170. Bring comfortable clothing for practicing yoga and walking, a swimsuit, beach towel, sunscreen.
Prices & Discounts
Make use of our 10% Early Bird Discount by booking before 14th July 2016.• Double occupancy - twin or double room: £550 per person (Early Bird discounted rate £495)
• Single occupancy: £665 (Early Bird discounted rate £599)
(*)Booking in advance is essential as there are limited places.
(*)Flights: Flight costs are not included in the price of the training. Best airport is Agadir.
Main Retreat Web Page and More Info
(*)This is not a Lucia Yoga official Retreat. It is offered by Emma and Krishna using Lucia Yoga Retreat Center and facilities
INCLUDED:• Five nights at this luxury resort in one of Spain’s most treasured nature reserves
• At least two yoga classes a day of varying styles
• One private yoga session, individually tailored to suit your needs (optional)
• Yoga mats and props in a beautiful yoga shala
• Three vegetarian meals each day
• Walks and hikes around the national park.
NOT INCLUDED:• Flights - Easy Jet, Ryanair, Monarch and Norwegian run cheap flights from the UK
• Airport transfers – Transfers are not included in your booking but depending on the level of interest we plan to arrange airport transfers from Malaga at approximately 14.30 on arrival and 11.00 for your return home. If you would like to be included in these arrangements please let us know. Prices will be dependent on numbers.
• Additional activities – there are all kinds of outdoor activities that you can get involved in from horse riding, biking, guided hikes, kayaking and more. These activities will be charged separately allowing you to choose the ones you prefer.
Run by Krishna Hassomal and Emma Macdonald, you will have the benefit of two yoga teachers guiding you through your daily practice.
They each bring with them their own authentic styles but are united by the belief that yoga is there to be enjoyed by everyone and always ensure their students enjoy their classes no matter what level of experience they have.
Krishna is Indian and was born and brought up in Spain.
Her first yoga class was in her teens in 2001. This was a huge struggle and she needed her mother to drag her to it! Her reluctance very quickly disappeared when she realised there was something special about this discipline.
Her love for yoga grew, and in 2012 she completed a 200 hour Teacher Training course whilst pursuing a career in science. She hasn't stopped studying and teaching yoga since.
Her classes are mainly Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga, with Anusara and Iyengar influences. She has an experimental and light-hearted approach and makes her classes suitable for all ages and abilities. Krishna combines her eastern and western background, and focuses on blending alignment, breath and asana.
Krishna lived in the UK for 12 years and currently resides in Germany where she teaches yoga. She is also a pregnancy yoga teacher and hopes to complete her 500 Hr Teacher Training this summer.
Find out more at www.krishyoga.com
Emma is a passionate yoga teacher who builds dynamic classes around the physical, mental and emotional benefits of yoga. She helps students escape from and power up for their hectic lives, bringing them back to the present moment to refocus, rebalance and recharge.
Blending hatha and vinyasa yoga, her classes will help you increase flexibility, tone and strengthen your body whilst calming and soothing your mind. Emma also teaches yoga nidra, a form of deep relaxation, pregnancy yoga and mum and baby yoga.
Emma has a positive, encouraging and fun style, and makes sure that everyone enjoys the power of yoga no matter what level of experience they have.