Level 2 Yin Yoga Training with Josh Summers
& Optional Advanced Vinyasa Mornings
October 22nd-29th 2016
Nature Reserve of Grazalema, Cádiz. Andalucia, Spain.Yoga Retreat Language: English
YIN YOGA TRAINING – LEVEL 2
Building on Josh’s popular Foundations Module.
The Yin training is 30 hrs over 6 nights/5 days.
the Mindfulness Module emphasizes the practice and teaching of mindfulness meditation within the discipline of Yin Yoga.
The Yin training and Yoga arts options is over 7 nights/6 days.
Josh will start the retreat on the Saturday 22nd at 5.30pm with an introduction session and meditation. The training will then start the next morning.
He finishes on Thursday 27th at 5.30pm.
Who is this for?- The training is recommended for any teacher or student wishing to bring a variety of approaches to mindfulness into their classes.
- In this immersive training, mindfulness meditation is practiced in both seated meditation and Yin Yoga sequences.
- It is not necessary to do the foundation course before Yin Level 2. It is recommended that attendees have a practice and understanding of how to do Yin Yoga prior to this immersion but not needed (the basics of Yin Yoga will not be covered here).
- The Vinyasa classes are suitable for teachers, trainees or advanced practitioners only.
- Additionally, students who are interested in deepening their meditation practice may attend.
(*)Please note: Although this course will draw heavily from Buddhist meditation teaching, you don’t need to be a Buddhist to practice and share these liberating tools of awareness.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE HOUSE AND ITS SURROUNDINGSOur retreat will be located at the beautiful Grazalema house which is tucked in the middle of a Nature Reserve just outside the city of Ronda, in Andalucia. There is a big house and 6 apartments which all have access to the 5 swimming pools and the 25,000sq-meter garden around the premises. There is a lovely porch and terrace at all the houses where you can enjoy the view over the beautiful Andalucian hills. We have a separate yoga shala as well, equipped with mats and props for all our yoga-needs and our meals will be served in the big house. There is also a tennis field and several hiking trails for you to enjoy during our retreat.
All of your meals are included in the retreat. We will serve you a lovely prepared buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. On the arrival day, dinner is included and on departure day we will serve you breakfast. All the food served will be well balanced, vegetarian dishes planned by our food expert Emma to ensure that you are well taken care of during the retreat. If you have any food allergies or special requests, please let us know so we can prepare the best alternative for your needs.
INFORMATION ABOUT ROOM AND BOARD
In Grazalema house there are either single or double occupancy rooms offered. All homes are beautifully decorated and all have private bathrooms attached. There is WiFi, LED TV, AC and heaters in each room. By default you'll share a room with one other student. If you wish to opt for a single room, there will be an additional fee of GBP 130.
Daily Yin Schedule7.00-9.00 Optional Advanced Vinyasa Mornings. 10.30-1.00 Yin Class, theory and practice 1.00 -3.30 Lunch Break 3.30 -7.00 Yin Class, theory and practice
Optional Add on Advanced Vinyasa MorningsThese classes are part of the 300hr Advanced TTC and are suitable for other teachers only. (*)There is an option to add an extra night’s accommodation for 88euro or 108euro which will include the Vinyasa class.
YIN YOGA TRAINING – LEVEL 2Subjects covered are :
- The Mindfulness Immersion is structured around a thorough examination of a core Buddhist meditation text — The Satipatthana Sutta — The Sutta on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. This text provides a treasure trove of material to share with students in a Yin classroom. Meditative themes will include theoretical and practical approaches to these Four Foundations: Body (kaya), Feeling tones (vedana), Mind-states (citta), and Categories of Experience (dhammas).
- For each category of contemplation (ie. body, mind-states, etc), a variety of ‘yin’ and ‘yang’ forms of meditative tools will be cultivated and explored.
- Deepen your own direct meditative experience to empower your teaching with a voice of authenticity and clarity.
- Address approaches to teaching meditation in a secular, non-religious manner.
- Guide students to observe the process of their experience without getting lost in the content.
LOCATIONSAddress: Calle Parche, 26 11687 El Gastor Cádiz. Spain Cádiz
Distances: 1h 20 min Jerez airport. 1 hour 30 min Sevilla airport. 1h 30 min Malaga airport
The retreat is located at Calle Parche, 26, 11687 El Gastor, Cádiz, Spain. This is 1h 20 mins from Jerez airport, 1h 30 mins from Sevilla airport, or 1h 30 mins from Malaga airport. If you wish to have an airport transfer from Malaga we are very happy to both pick you up and drop you off in time for your flight after the retreat. A transfer there and back can be arranged for GBP 40. You can also get to Grazalema House via train or bus to Ronda. Both buses and trains leave Malaga city regularly throughout the day and we can pick you up from the bus/train station in Ronda.
You can also get there via train or bus to Ronda. Both buses and trains leave Malaga city regularly throughout the day and we will pick you up from the bus/train station in Ronda for the 10 minute drive to Grazalema house.
FAQsAre activities included in the yoga retreat? Activities are paid separate, this way you can choose the ones you prefer. Once you arrive, we'll reserve your favorite activities for you.
How can I get to the yoga retreat? The best option is to rent a car from the airport for your entire stay. It´s cheaper than a taxi and that way you can enjoy the freedom of transportation every day on the retreat.
I need a special diet, can you provide it? Of course! As long as you let us know before your arrival, we can prepare the diet you need. For example, if you are gluten intolerant, vegan, or have any other special diet needs.
Are cancellations allowed? You can cancel your reservation up to 60 days before the retreat. If you cancel after the allotted time period you'll lose the deposit or you can transfer it to another guest.
What should I bring? Bring comfortable clothing for practicing yoga, a swimsuit, beach towel, sunscreen, and a yoga mat although we provide all yoga materials.
PRICES YIN YOGA TRAINING:
Dates: October Saturday 22nd until Saturday 29th 2016.
6 nights/5 days (30 hrs): 840 euros.
Includes 30 hours Yin Training, shared accommodation and 3 vegetarian meals a day.
5 nights + Vinyasa mornings class: 1,015 euros
6 nights + Vinyasa mornings class: 1,128 euros
7 nights + Vinyasa mornings class: 1,241 euros.(*)Booking in advance is essential as there are limited places.
(*)Flights: Flight costs are not included in the price of the training. Best airport is Agadir.
Main Retreat Web Page and More Info
(*)This is not a Lucia Yoga official Retreat. It is offered by Green Lotus Yoga using Lucia Yoga Retreat Center and facilities