Silent Meditation Retreat
with Josh Summers, assisted by Terry Cockburn
Granada, September 30 - October 6, 2018
The Retreat: Granada, Spain
Silent Meditation and Yin Yoga
This is a seven-day, six-night silent meditation retreat. Unplugged and removed from the pressures of daily life a retreat experience provides a safe and secure environment to explore one’s inner and outer landscape, cultivating tools of wisdom and compassion.
● The Retreat immersion allows students to clarify and know directly in their own experience the transformative potential of these teachings and practices.
● On Silence - although The Retreat is a silent retreat, there will be time throughout the schedule for instruction and discussion around one's practice. Think of the silence as a generalized commitment to quietude which promotes an ongoing investigation of one's internal and external landscape. Scheduled discussions during the day will help promote that exploration.
● On Simplicity - the schedule of The Retreat will move between periods of sitting meditation and Yin Yoga practice. Short breaks are also included. But students on retreat are encouraged to step outside of their normal habits of distraction (on-line, phone, computers, etc.) and cultivate a presence to be with themselves and their experience.
● On Style - The style of meditation emphasized on The Retreat is a Yin approach to Insight Meditation. This approach emphasizes receptivity and interest towards the totality of your experience while meditating. This is a meditative process that cultivates a creative approach to your own path in life.
● On Journaling - Another feature of this approach to Insight Meditation is that after each meditation there is a period of time to reflectively journal about your experience as a way to further develop understanding and insight into your practice.
● As with all Modules, The Retreat can be taken by anyone with a strong interest to explore their practice of Yin Yoga and meditation within this environment.
● Recommended, but not required, for those enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga that the Mindfulness Module be taken prior to attending The Retreat.
The daily schedule will include sessions of seated meditation, walking meditation, reflective writing, discussion and a daily session of Yin Yoga.
Please note: this is a gentle, but intensive, retreat. It is not a ‘yoga holiday’ retreat with large periods of unscheduled time. We will wake at 6 am and endeavor to cultivate mindfulness through each and every activity of the daily schedule until retiring at 9:00pm.
- 6:00am Wake Up :)
- 6:30am-7:15am Meditation/Journal
- 7:30am - 8:30am Breakfast
- 9am - 10:30am Dharma Talk/Meditation/Journal
- 10:45am - 12pm Q and A/Discussion /Meditation/Journal
- 12pm - 1pm Lunch
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm Interview Group
- 2:45pm - 3:30pm Meditation/Journal
- 4pm - 5:45pm Yin Yoga
- 6pm - 7pm Dinner
- 7:30pm - 8:pm Dharma Talk / Discussion
- 8:15pm - 9pm Meditation/Journal
The retreat is located at Pinos Puente, Granada, Spain. This is 20 min from Granada airport, 2h 30 min from Sevilla airport, or 1h 15 min from Malaga airport.
If you wish to have an airport transfer from Malaga we are happy to organize for you both pick up and drop off in time for your flight after the retreat. You can also get to the house via train or bus to Granada. Both, buses and trains, leave Malaga or Sevilla city regularly throughout the day and we can come pick you up from the bus/train station in Granada.
Click on the photo to open the Gallery
ABOUT YOUR TEACHERS
Josh Summers and Terry CockburnJosh Summers is a Yin Yoga teacher, a licensed acupuncturist, and a meditation instructor. He is the founder of the Summers School of Yin Yoga and host to the Everyday Sublime podcast. Terry Cockburn teaches Yin and Vinyasa yoga and is the owner of two yoga studios in the State of Maine. She is a marathon runner and lead trainer in the Summers School of Yin Yoga. Together, Josh and Terry have nearly 40 years of teaching experience and are committed to their ongoing learning and development.
PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
The Retreat fee includes accommodation, three meals per day, meditation, and yoga instruction.
Early Bird Rates if 25% deposit is received by February 15, 2018.
Shared: €1150 (triple/quad/dorm)
Thereafter, the prices increase as follows:
Shared: €1350 (triple/quad/dorm)
Space is secured with a non-refundable 25% deposit.
Balance is due June 15, 2018.
Cancellations after June 15: We will refund 75% of your fee, only if we (you or I) are able to find a replacement for your spot.
Upon registering, you will receive an invoice to secure your deposit and room selection. After the deposit is processed, you will receive further information detailing arrival/departure information, and frequently asked questions.
Please note: Students enrolled in the Summers School of Yin Yoga will receive 70hrs of Retreat credit for attending.